Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Out of town guests and the 4 month check-up

This weekend Paul & Geri Custodio came down from Seattle. Paul, of course, has been my best buddy since the early 80's and was also the best man at our wedding. Plus we were on vacation with them in Mexico when we found out Heather was pregnant. So, we were excited for them to finally meet the girl. 

They brought a bunch of goodies for us and Sabine. We didn't do too much but hang out with Sabine, and go out to eat. Geri was kind enough to give Heather a really cute (and professional) haircut. A very fun weekend.

Then Sunday afternoon Katie Murphy, Heather's college roommate stopped by for a few hours to catch up. Hopefully we can see her and the family next time we are down in L.A.

Yesterday we we took Bine for her 4 month check up and 2nd round of immunization shots. Heather and I had a bet going on how much she weighed, and I won when it was revealed she is a little over 15 lbs. She's also almost 26 inches tall - what a big girl! She's in the 95th percentile for height, but I think we all figured that was going to happen:)

Everything checked out well during the exam and she did pretty well for the shots. Damn, those needles were long! I would cry, too. On the bright side, she always sleeps well after being dosed with tylenol and last night was no exception. I had a little scare this morning, though. Sabine was crying and cranky, not her usual self. So I checked her temperature (for the first time, brave daddy!) and she had a temperature of 100.7. I called the doctor and they told me that a fever was normal after the 2nd round of shots and not to worry. Well, that would have been nice to know ahead of time!

Anyway, the fever went down pretty quickly and she was her usual cheery self by the end of the day. Unfortunately, I scared the hell out of Heather when I called her at work and she thought I said 107 degrees. Yikes! No fun. But, all is well now and here's one last cute photo to end this post.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Papa Ficht...best baby blogger ever!
xoxo Mama Ficht